TotarBruff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How long did it take you to...........

Go down

How long did it take you to...........     Empty How long did it take you to...........

Post  brain cameron Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:31 am

I was just curious when you first started out, how long did it take you to be able to either memorize or calculate pot/hand odds as well as be able to recognize how many outs you had on a given hand in your head as the game was being played?

Do you have any suggestions, or secrets as to how to memorize pot/hand odds at a given point in a game......I am starting to get the concept a little but still struggle. To me, knowing the odds on each hand seems to be the best tool a player can have at his disposal....especially when it comes to making a decision. But I am having trouble being able to calculate things quick enough t use to my advantage.

Any advice?

I thought about making flash cards or something...for all the starting hands.....with preflop %'s to make certain hands...as well as a post flop set with %'s to make a hand on the turn and river. I figured if I kept going over and over the flash cards, I would memorize them by repetition.

brain cameron

Back to top Go down